A step by step guide for new users of this site.
1. Understand that this site is a donated Web forum provided as a free service to the community of former MPC and Gateway Pro customers and employees to provide a free resource for technical support. MPC Computers is bankrupt and Gateway is not obligated to provide support to Gateway Pro customers. This site, its owners and all participants have no connection with MPC Computers or Gateway, nor does the administrator of this Website sell service, software or parts.PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL OR PM THE ADMINISTRATOR WITH REQUESTS FOR DRIVERS, SOFTWARE OR SERVICE.
Rather, see step 2 below:
2. If you are an individual who has need for technical support services or resources for your MPC or Gateway Pro product please feel free to participate in this forum by posting your request in the appropriate category
. To do so, you must first register: http://mpctechsupport.com/ucp.php?mode=register&sid=f178bba4e763fa83563a687e3d18293c
**Please note. To prevent the use of this board by children you will be asked to confirm you were born before this date 13 years ago. If you then are taken to a screen instructing you to print out a form and have your parent sign it AND you are over the age of 13 this means you selected the wrong choice on the prior screen.
3. After registering, navigate to the the category section of your site for which your product fits. For example, if you need help with an MPC T3000 you would go to: MPC Computers and Gateway Pro Laptops & Mobile Devices > MPC TransPort Notebooks
4. Click "post a new topic" displayed under the Category title.
5. To receive responses to your post, please employ common courtesy and provide all the pertinent details of your system and your request. Please keep in mind that this forum is not MPC or Gateway and that all individuals who may respond are doing so of their own accord. In other words, you'll have much more chances of solving your issue if you're polite and thorough with your request. More Information and instructions about this Website/Forum
As the administrator, I frequently get direct emails asking for assistance to specific technical issues, requesting that mpctechsupport.com provide resources directly (such as diver discs) and/or emails that assume mpctechsupport.com is part of MPC and/or Gateway. I don't blame people for making such assumptions since the whole MPC / Gateway merger and then bankruptcy scenario is quite confusing and people are rightfully frustrated. To help clear up these potential misconceptions, let me reiterate the following:
1. There is no mpctechsupport.com organization . . . it's simply the name of this Website forum. Please don't email the admin directly asking for assistance, resources or driver discs. Because these types of needs exist, and there was no place to go for them with the bankruptcy of MPC, is why this forum was created. Please register and post your requests in the forum. For more information about this site please see: http://mpctechsupport.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1&sid=f178bba4e763fa83563a687e3d18293c&sid=f178bba4e763fa83563a687e3d18293c#p1
2. mpctechsupport.com has no connection to either Gateway, Gateway Pro or MPC computers (nor has it ever).
3. mpctechsupport.com is simply a venue where people who need assistance can post their issue and hopefully others who visit the forum can provide that assistance. Nothing more.